Just Kick It Cup - Outdoor 2023
Lakewood “Just Kick It” Cup Outdoor Youth soccer tournament will be May 12-14, 2023
The schedule is now posted at this link:
The tournament registration page:
WELCOME TO THE LAKEWOOD JUST KICK IT CUP 2023
We are getting ready for the annual Lakewood outdoor tournament. The organization and volunteer time necessary to put on a successful tournament is immense. Please do your part by arriving at your game site thirty (30) minutes in advance of your game to prepare your team so that games can start on time.
Coaches will sign game sheets on field prior to each game. Managers/coaches are not required to fill out game sheets or return them to headquarters. This is all looked after by our many volunteers.
This is your pre-tournament information package. There is a lot of information enclosed so please take the time to read through it carefully.
We look forward to seeing you May 12th to 14th. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to making this weekend as enjoyable as you expect it to be! Send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Headquarters will be located at the SaskTel Soccer Centre on 150 Nelson Road
Headquarters will officially be open 2hrs prior to first game on Friday May 12th.
*Headquarters will be located on the south side of the building by the artificial turf fields.
All team rosters must be submitted online through Event Connect, our tournament management software package. Rosters are not required for U9 teams.
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
Group Ranking - Note that standings will not be kept for U9 and U11 age groups.
Each team receives 3 points for a win and 1 point for a tie. In the event of a default, the game shall be awarded to the team defaulted against with an official score of 1-0. If two or more teams amass an equal number of points, the following rules, in the following order, shall be used to determine final standings.
Previous match results - the winner of the match between the two teams tied in points shall be awarded the higher position. If 3 or more teams are tied, then we move on to the next level.
Goal difference - subtract total goals allowed from total goals scored in all games played. In calculating the goal difference, a maximum of 5 will be allowed for any one game (ie. Score 8-1, difference will be counted as 5).
Least goals against - The team with the least goals against shall be awarded the higher position.
Kicks from the Penalty Mark - If 2 or more teams are still tied under the above criteria, then the higher standing shall be decided by kicks from the penalty mark as outlined and in accordance with SYSI Rules & Regulations. The Tournament Committee shall decide on a suitable time, date and location for this to occur.
In the event of a tie during group competition, no overtime will be played, each team will be awarded 1 point for a tie. In the event of a tie in a semi-final game, no overtime halves shall be played. The game shall go directly to kicks from the penalty mark to determine a winner. In the event of a tie during a final game for medals, there will be two 5 minute overtime halves played. There will be NO “Golden Goal” rule and both 5 minute halves will be played in their entirety. In the event that the game is still tied after the overtime halves have been played, the game will go to kicks from the penalty mark, to determine a winner.
It is the responsibility of the team officials to determine the teams that will advance to the playoffs. Information will be available at Tournament Headquarters on a timely basis.
- Except as otherwise provided, the tournament rules shall be the latest FIFA Laws of the Game.
- The first team listed in the schedule is the Home Team and must supply the game ball(s).
- Just Kick It will be supplying Field Marshalls for all fields and games.
- Each team coach or manager must report to Field Marshall 20 minutes before game time to confirm that the game sheet is correct. Field Marshalls will be easily identifiable.
- The Home Team must have an alternate jersey and be prepared to change if, in the opinion of the referee, there is a colour conflict.
- Please leave the field, team benches and locker rooms promptly and clean, after every game.
- A team without the required minimum players (U9 - 3, U11 - 4, U13 - 6, U15 to U19 - 7) at 10 minutes past the scheduled game time will default.
- U9 games will have Lakewood Technical Staff acting as referees.
- U11 and U13 games will have 1 referee provided by SDSRA.
- U15 to U19 games will have 3 referees provided by SDSRA.
Discipline and Protests
- Discipline matters will be dealt with at JUST KICK IT Tournament Headquarters. Any player involved in a discipline matter will be required to attend Tournament Headquarters within one hour of the completion of the game. The player will be required to bring the referee’s report to the discipline meeting. Failure to appear may result in suspension from the tournament.
- Discipline matters are as follows:
- Ejection from a game (a red or 2 yellow cards) results in an automatic 1 game suspension and a hearing. A second yellow card during the tournament is subject to review and may be subject to a hearing. 3 yellow cards in the tournament will result in an automatic 1 game suspension and a hearing.
- NO FOUL LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED!
- A record of all discipline matters will be forwarded to the appropriate Provincial or District Association involved for review.
- No protests will be heard on any judgment calls by the referee. Protests will be allowed on eligibility or other technical matters. All decisions by the referee will be final concerning outcome of game.
- Protests will be dealt with provided they are in writing and submitted to the Tournament Committee within 1 hour of completion of the game.
Important Game Play Information
- Size of Pitch
- U9 will play games on a marked field (slightly smaller than a ¼ pitch).
- U11 will play games on a pitch size that is a little larger than ¼ size of the regular pitch outdoors or on a ¼ pitch indoors.
- U13 will play games on a pitch size that is a little smaller than a full size pitch outdoors or on a half field indoors.
- U15 to U19 will play games on regular size pitches throughout the city, outdoors.
- Length of Games
- All teams must be ready to start play at their scheduled time. Any delay will reduce the total game playing time. Any team without the required minimum players on the pitch at 10 minutes past the scheduled game time will default.
- U9 games will be 40 minutes in length (2 equal halves of 20 minutes or less)
- U11 games will be 50 minutes in length (2 equal halves of 25 minutes or less)
- U13 to U19 games will be 60 minutes in length (2 equal halves of 30 minutes)
- Players and Reserves
- U11 max roster size is 16 players
- U13 to U19 max roster size is 20 players
- All players must meet the age requirements and be registered (unless approved).
- Each player is only allowed to play for only one team during the Just Kick It Tournament.
- All U9 games shall be 4v4 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All U11 games shall be 7v7 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All U13 games shall be 9v9 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All U15 to U19 games shall be 11v11 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All players must be registered with SSA or equivalent Provincial Association.
- Playing unregistered players will result in game defaults and notification to your Association.
- All Teams should be prepared to provide Proof of Age and Eligibility upon request.
- Player Substitution
- Substitutions are on the fly (limit 2 players at a time at the half way line).
- U9 and U11: No offside rules.
- U13 to U19: As governed by the Laws of the Game, approved by FIFA.
- U9 and U11 will use approved Size 4 outdoor soccer balls for games.
- U13 to U19 will use approved Size 5 outdoor soccer balls for games.
- All players eligible to play in JUST KICK IT 2019 are “minors” in the Province of Saskatchewan. Possession or use of alcohol by “minors” is illegal. Any report of use or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will result in expulsion from the tournament and notification sent to the applicable Provincial Soccer Association.
- Any person who defaces, destroys steals or otherwise abuses the facilities of JUST KICK IT 2023 or any JUST KICK IT 2023 property will be expelled from the tournament.
Player of the Game
At the end of each game, the coach of each team shall choose a player from within their own team for the JUST KICK IT Player of the Game. Field Marshall shall provide coaches with a Player of the Game medal at the beginning of the game. Coaches please make sure that a player may only receive this award once during the tournament.
If for any reason your team cannot attend JUST KICK IT 2023, PLEASE INFORM THE JUST KICK IT TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE IMMEDIATELY. Email the Tournament Committee even if your participation is questionable or if you are considering cancellation. It is very important that you inform the Tournament Committee immediately of your intention to cancel because we have limited entry spaces and teams on waiting lists. Remember that you are responsible for cancellation of any hotel reservations you may have made.
If you do not inform the tournament committee of your cancellation, we will expect your team at your first scheduled game. Failure to notify the Tournament Committee of your team’s cancellation will result in your Provincial Association being notified of your actions.
Finally, Have Fun!
See you on the Pitch!